Wednesday 12 March 2008

Time, Families, Etc...

I was talking about time flying etc, last night with my cousin (while we were having a drink!) and he was saying that his father is amazed by the fact that he spoke to someone who was born in the year 1864 (his great-grandmother) and he's also spoke to his own great-grandaughter in 2008... a distance of 144 years... Fascinating stuff really when you get your head round it, I myself, remember my great-grandmother (born 1892) and she was always an old woman. But, in reality she hadn't always been an old woman.

I think that we can only relate to our own experiences and how we grew up, finding it hard to comprehend (whilst still knowing) that our own parents were once children as were their parents.

I'm currently tracing my family tree and find it amazing how families branch off and go down different routes, and how it's entirely possible that my own great-grandchildren (if there are any!) might not even now each other... and yet their grandparents are brothers and sisters... or even conversely my own brother's and sister's great-grandchildren may not know each other...

Certainly food for thought.. well for me anyway...

No comments: